Thursday, March 6, 2014

How to deal with impdp error ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout

I recently hit this error from one of my customers during import of a schema:

ORA-31693: Table data object "SH"."SALES_REG1_Q1" failed to load/unload and is being skipped due to error:
ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout

After some searching on the internet, I found evidence of bug 8393456, and it is indeed confirmed on the Oracle Support website.

The problem seems to be related to cases where you use both PARALLEL (>1) and REMAP_SCHEMA at the same time.
Oracle versions affected are 11.2.0.1, 11.1.0.7 and 10.2.0.4.

I implemented the workaround by setting PARALLEL=1 and I can confirm that it solves the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Still happening when exporting from / importing to 18c database. Running import non-parallel worked. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, en efecto no funciona el paralelismo si ocupas el remap.

    ReplyDelete